- Dr. Shellye Suttles was interviewed about food deserts and access on WFYI's All IN, Sep. 3, 2019.
- Angela Babb interviewed on SNAP and the Thrifty Food Plan in the New Food Economy, Mar. 7, 2019.
- James Farmer interviewed on farmers’ markets and SNAP use in the New Food Economy, Feb. 28, 2019.
- Angela Babb mentioned in IU conversation on "real food" on campus, Feb. 26, 2019.
- Farmer, J., A. Babb, S. Minard, and M. Veldman. 2019. "Accessing Local Foods: Households Using SNAP Double Bucks and Financial Incentives at a Midwestern Farmers Market."Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development 8(4): 1–26.
- Haythorn, C., D. Knudsen, J. Farmer, C. Antreasian, and M. Betz. 2019. "It’s All in the SKU: Getting Food from Somewhere from the Field to the Dinner Plate while Using a Large-Scale Retailer."Sustainability 11(3): 892.
- Waldman, K. B., N. Vergopolan, L. D. Estes, S. Z. Attari, J. Sheffield, K. K. Caylor, and T. P. Evans. 2019. "Cognitive Biases about Climate Variability in Smallholder Farming Systems in Zambia."Weather, Climate and Society (early online release).
- “Sustaining Hoosier Farms,” interview with James Farmer and Julia Valliant, Through the Gates at IU, Jan. 23, 2019.
- Jodee Ellett’s project on value-chain coordination has recently hit the news as the project is rolled out across Indiana. You can learn more here.
- Sarah Osterhoudt and colleagues just published an article in Palgrave Communications. Please check it out at: Neimark, B., S. Osterhoudt, H. Alter, and A. Gradinar. 2019. "A new sustainability model for measuring changes in power and access in global supply chains: Through a smallholder lens."
- Eduardo Brondizio was appointed to rank of Distinguished Professor. Congratulations to Eduardo and thank you for your invaluable contributions (view story).
- Julia Valliant recently penned an article on farm transitions for the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association. See OEFFA’s newsletter, page 11 (PDF).